Today you will learn everything you need to know about the Ryobi washing machine.
- The best electric and gas pressure washers available from Ryobi.
- Pressure (PSI) and flow (GPM) are needed to clean the various surfaces around your home – car, driveway, grating, decking, exterior cladding, etc. – depends on the type of cleaning you need.
- Accessories to speed up the cleaning process
- Comparison between The Home Depot and Amazon when purchasing Ryobi high pressure cleaner.
But before we start – and tell you the history of the Ryobi brand – let’s look at the best Ryobi gas and electric washers recommended in this manual:
Ryobi’s We Recommended in This Guide
|Best Electric||Best Gas|
|Learn more here||Learn more here|
5 Little Known Facts About Ryobi
In the course of our research, we have found some interesting facts that you can evaluate.
- Ryobi is a trademark of Techtronic Industries (TTi).
- Ryobi’s parent company, TTi, also owns and manufactures Dirt Devil and Hoover vacuum cleaners. In fact, TTi is one of the giants in the tool industry, as it also owns the Milwaukee, AEG, Homelite, VAX and Ryobi tool brands. But don’t worry, it’s a huge company with over 5 billion dollars in assets, so your warranty is guaranteed.
- Ryobi Limited was founded in Japan in 1943. It started with cast parts and only switched to power tools in 1968. In 2000, it began selling its power tools in North America, Europe and Oceania. The brand now belongs to Techtronic Industries.
- The current range of power tools includes lawnmowers, portable generators, pressure washers, chain saws, snow ploughs, edge scissors and blowers, both electric and gas powered. You can only buy Ryobi personally at Home Depot. But online in various markets, including the Amazon.
- The Ryobi electric blower is slightly more expensive than similar pressure and flow models of other brands, but that’s because it has an asynchronous motor, metal connections and a high-quality pressure cleaning hose. So if you want a machine that is strong and durable, look at the best electric Ryobi machine for most people.
Ryobi’s Pressure Washer Market Strategy
Ryobi’s strategy for electric laundry washing machines is to market these machines to individuals, homeowners and amateurs.
As you can see in the table below, Ryobi offers high pressure washers for each price range.
They offer 11 models: 5 electric and 6 gas.
Ryobi high pressure electric cleaners are designed for private use. Prices range from $90 to $300. Electric machines are great because they require little maintenance and are quiet, but the electric cable is annoying and they are lower than PSI and GPM compared to gas machines.
The range of Ryobi gasoline sinks ranges from 2900 PSI to 3600 PSI, and 2 engines are equipped with Honda engines. Prices range from 320 to 700 dollars.
PSI (pounds per square inch)
When it comes to PSI, you don’t have to worry. If you use a nozzle, you can move away from the surface to adjust the force felt by the surface so that it is not damaged.
Here’s the pressure that you can get from Rioby.
- 1600, 1800 PSI – Good for your car, boat, grill etc.
- 2000, 2300 PSI – Good for your deck, terrace.
- 2900, 3000, 3100, 3200 PSI – Good for your driveways, agricultural equipment
- 3 600 PSI – Well suited for graffiti removal, paint removal
GPM (gallons per minute)
The flow rate (GPM) can be seen as the amount of work that water can do under high pressure.
Suppose that a GPM can clean 100 square feet of road in 10 minutes.
A 2 GPM pressure washer can clean up to 100 square feet in 3 or 4 minutes (depending on operator skills).
When professionals buy, they are looking for machines with more than 5 GPM, and most of them will be 8 GPM longer than they work.
Ryobi gasoline pressure washers reach a maximum of 2.5 GPM. This is ideal for homeowners and small contractors, but not for everyday use as the work takes too long.
Where can I buy it?
Home Depot is the only retailer in the mass market for Ryobi pressure washers.
However, you can also buy them online at Amazon.com.
We visited three different Home Depots in the area to check Ryobi’s selection and saw only four – two electric and two gas warehouses – while the rest had to be pre-ordered at the store. This is not a big deal, but it is worth mentioning.
Amazon offers most options, but some of them sell out from time to time.
Ryobi offers a range of accessories and accessories for its pressure washer line. In short, they are:
- Grinding machines – clean flat surfaces faster
- Telescopic pole – cleaning of windows on the second floor and protective coating of the outer floor
- Roller brush – similar to a cleaning surface, but much better for less flat surfaces.
- Turbo nozzle – rotates the jet very quickly by 0 degrees to create a conical spray that can remove the most stubborn dirt from surfaces without risk of damage.
- Foam cleaner – Increases cleaning efficiency by grinding the surface before cleaning with soap.
- Other special nozzles – Ryobi also offers PSI Control Nozzle and 5-in-1 Nozzle and Soap Spray Nozzle.
Ryobi’s Pressure Washer Market Strategy
Best Ryobi Electric Pressure Washer
Ryobi 2,300 PSI 1.2 GPM w/Induction Motor
The best Ryobi electric pressure washer for most people is their most powerful electric.
At 2,300 PSI and 1.2 GPM it provides enough power to clean most anything around your house.
Yes, even your driveway… It’ll just take a longer than a gas engine powered version.
5 Things we think you’ll love:
1.) Looks very strong and reliable (and so it is).
Ryobi electric compared to other high pressure cleaners
As you can see in the picture, electric Ryobi we recommend not to look cheap. There is no plastic case as big as Sun Joe’s and Carcher’s. Actually, it looks like a gas-pressurized washer…
And it has certain advantages:
- It has a lower centre of gravity and it will never tip over.
- It’s easier to move around the yard, especially the barricades and up the stairs.
2.) Big wheels
Ryobi installed extra wide wheels to make it easier to climb stairs and overcome obstacles without having to lift them manually.
It easily has the biggest wheels of all electric pressure washers.
This is a significant advantage for ease of use.
3.) High quality connections and fittings
All fittings and connections on this machine are made of brass rather than plastic, as most competitors do.
That means fewer leaks and more time between replacements.
4.) No hose reel.
After using a pressure washer with and without a hose reel for over 7 years, it is easier to wind up the hose by hand and hang it around the pressure washer.
The expensive hose reels of these electrical household appliances are more cumbersome to use than hose rewinding.
5.) induction motor
Close Ryobi asynchronous motor
This picture shows an asynchronous motor and pump. The pump is a front end with a connection for garden hose and high-pressure hose, and the motor is large cylindrical behind the pump.
One of the main reasons why this riobi costs about as much as the cheaper gas is the asynchronous motor.
The induction motor is slower (less rpm) than the universal motor, i.e. slower:
- Quiet (see video)
- Longer lasting and
- More powerful.
It’s not good what we found:
The pump was filled with air, and it took 20 to 30 seconds to deflate at first use.
What we find in many electrical machines is that the pumps are not tested and cleaned before delivery.
That’s normal, because if they tested each washer under pressure, the cost would increase.
Ventilation of the pump is not a big problem. Just install everything and start the pressure washer, and when the water is no longer coming out, just keep pushing the trigger and the air will clear and the water will start to flow.
All in one.
If you are looking for an electric pressure washer, this model from Ryobi is perfect.
It’s a bit more expensive than other electric appliances, but we think it’s worth it: it’s quieter, more powerful, and it’ll last longer.
Best Ryobi Gas Power Washer
Ryobi 3,000 PSI 2.3 GPM w/Honda Engine
The recommended Ryobi gas machine is their 3000 PSI and 2.3 GPM. This is the second cheapest solution they offer and we think it’s the best value for money.
Why is that?
In short, it’s a Honda engine.
When it comes to gas sinks, it’s all about the engine, and Ryobi has a Honda GCV160 built in. The GCV160 is the standard model for installing pressure washers for medium and heavy duty applications.
It is comparable to the Generac medium pressure gasoline cleaner and costs about $350, like most other entry-level gasoline cleaners.
If you are looking for a high quality gas washer and prefer the Honda engine washer, it is a great option.
Frequently Asked Questions, Answered
Does Ryobi offer a cordless electric washer under pressure?
Yes, but they only sell it in Australia. We’ve tested it and it provides high pressure, but the battery only lasts 15 minutes.
What kind of soap can I use in my Ryobi washing machine?
You can use any soap for pressure washing, it does not have to be Ryobi soap.
Here you can find our manual for washing soaps and detergents for pressure washing.
How do I assemble my new Ryobi?
You can find all the instructions in the user manual, but the most important thing is to fix the wheels, the top of the trolley frame and then screw the hose and bar holder.
You can find your instructions here.
How do I start using a pressure washer?
After you have assembled your pressure washer, here are the steps to start using it (provided it is electric):
- Attach the nozzle to the end of the spray pipe.
- Connect the garden hose and pressure hose to the inlet and outlet of the pump.
- Plug the plug into the socket.
- Switch on the garden hose to ensure full water flow.
- Press the trigger of the spray pistol for 15 seconds (low-pressure water jet should come out of the nozzle).
- Switch on the pressure washer by pressing the “on” button.
- Start the pressure washer at full pressure.
Which nozzle should I use for each cleaning?
Use any nozzle other than the 0 degree red tip nozzle (this nozzle breaks because it is a small tip for spraying). If necessary, move the tip away from the surface to reduce the force acting on the surface.
Ryobi electric and gas cleaners are good purchases, especially if you want Home Depot security exclusivity and easy repair.
The electric box probably seems too expensive for a cleaner, but you pay for some quality improvements such as an asynchronous motor.
In general, check the current prices at the following links and see the full specifications of the manufacturer.
- Pressure Washers. www.RyobiTools.com.
- Corporation Information (history). www.Ryobi-Group.co.jp.
- Ryobi. en.Wikipedia.org.